Effective date: October 29, 2020
This Privacy Notice describes the personal information that Greater St. Louis, Inc. (“we” or “Company”) collects via the website at GreaterSTLInc.com (“Website”) and the uses and disclosures that we will make of that personal information.
By using this Website, you acknowledge that we are collecting, processing and disclosing your information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree want us to collect, process or disclose your information in this way, please do not use our Website or otherwise provide us with any information.
Information we collect and how we use it:
Personal Information We may collect personal information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Your first name and your last name or company name;
- Your postal address (including billing and shipping addresses);
- Your date of birth, and
- Your e-mail address.
We may collect personal information when you participate in various opportunities that we may provide from time-to-time, for example:
- When you create an account on the Website for any purpose;
- When you register for communications or other subscriptions through this Website, Twitter, or any other application;
- When you make a request or submit a question or suggestion;
- When you participate in a contest, promotion, sweepstakes, survey or other promotion;
- When you submit content and information to us;
- When you participate in a blog or forum; and
- When we conduct market research.
We may combine personal information that we collect about you with personal information you provide to us through other sources, such as product registrations, inquiries or marketing events. We will use the combined personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice for as long as it is combined.
Automatically Collected Information We may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or your internet service provider. This information typically includes your domain name, location data, browser type, operating system and your numerical IP address. The amount of information sent by your web browser depends on its settings. Please refer to your browser if you want to learn what information it sends. We use this type of information to see which web pages you visit at our Website, which website you visited before coming to our Website, and where you go after you leave our Website. We can then develop statistics that help us understand how our visitors use our Website and how we can improve it.
Cookie Generated Information We may actively obtain information about you by installing a marker on your computer commonly called a “cookie”. Cookies enable us to know you by a computer-generated, unique identifier. By providing you with a unique cookie, we are able to create a database of your previous choices and preferences, and in situations where these choices or preferences need to be collected again they can be supplied by us automatically, saving you time and effort. Your computer may be specially configured to reject cookies; please refer to your browser for more information. Many websites will allow you to visit without accepting cookies, but some features of our Website may not work properly if you choose to reject cookies.
We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our Website. Google Analytics gathers information about website use by means of cookies. Additional information about Google is below in “How Information is Used and Shared”.
We may use certain technologies to track your online activity to understand how the Website is used, and to obtain information about other websites that you visit (including websites that you visit before or after visiting our Website) and your activity on those websites.
How Information is Used and Shared We may use Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
- Respond to your inquiries, collect your suggestions, and fulfill your requests, such as to send you e-mails, and contact you to answer any questions to the extent possible.
- Send you information regarding the Website or terms, conditions, policies and/or other administrative information.
- Complete and fulfill your request or inquiry, for example, to communicate with you regarding answers to your questions, and provide you with related service and assistance, if any.
- Send you marketing communications, including information about our services and upcoming opportunities, invitations, events, apps, and exclusive deals.
- Personalize your experience on the Website by presenting opportunities, products and offers tailored to you.
- Allow you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions; to administer these activities; and to identify you as a winner of a contest, sweepstakes, or giveaway. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your personal information, so we recommend that you read these rules carefully.
- Identify you as the contributor of content and information that is submitted to us for purposes of being shared via the Website or otherwise (e.g., stories that are submitted for publication).
- Allow you to communicate and interact with others through the Website (for example, through a blog, message board, messaging functionality, chat functionality, profile or other social media).
- Enable our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, researching and developing new products and services, enhancing this Website, improving our services, developing marketing events, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns. We may analyze aggregated demographic information and personal information for historical, statistical, or scientific purposes, or we may store the personal information for your convenience should you return to this Website in the future.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process and for any legal purpose (other than credit information); (c) to investigate security breaches; (d) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (e) to enforce our terms and conditions; (f) to protect our operations; (g) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (h) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you submit information to be posted on the Website, we may submit that information along with your name.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
In the course of any of these activities, we may transmit any of the information we have collected with affiliates or third parties. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we may disclose your information to
- Companies and individuals we employ or engage to perform business functions on our behalf or that we otherwise use to support our business. An example of a third party that could receive your personal information for this purpose is a data processing contractor that operates computer systems on our behalf or a company with whom we transact business or associate with for the purposes of aggregating and analyzing demographic information, offering certain products, services, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotional events.
- To any parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may use and disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Links to Other Sites For your convenience, our Website may contain certain hyperlinks to other websites. This Privacy Notice applies only to information collected on this Website and not to information collected on linked sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave this Website and to read the privacy statements of each and every linked site that collects your information.
Children’s Information We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. We do not target our Website to children less than 16 years of age or knowingly collect information from children for the purpose of selling products or services. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
“Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Our Website does not currently respond to DNT signals.
Information Security We use certain methods to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure, but there is still a risk that your information could be misappropriated. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can send an email to us at email address specified below.
Changes in this Privacy Notice We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this notice, we will notify you here, by e-mail, or by means of a notice on our home page.
Opt Out If you do not want us to use your personal information as described in this statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will not be able to process questions or contact you without your personal information.
©2020 Greater St. Louis, Inc. All rights reserved.
Sep 12, 2022 / Press Release